Commitment is defined as an agreement or pledge to do something in the future.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
Commitment is based on an individual’s own wishes and desires to do something that is freely chosen rather than imposed.
Resilient people are not only committed to their lives and their goals but also committed to their relationships, friendships, the causes they care about, and their religious or spiritual beliefs.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
Commitment helps you to continuously focus on your goals during the good and the bad times.
The more you are committed to a certain goal or desire, the more likely you are to succeed.
Being committed helps you:
- Identify how important you see your goal
- Identify how capable you believe you are at achieving it
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
This worksheet should be used by those who have consciously decided to begin the process of positive change and become more sensitive about what they want to commit to.
This worksheet can also be used as your self-evaluation kit.
- What new idea or skill do you want to commit to?
- What is your ultimate vision for this new idea or skill you want to commit to?
- In what ways have you organized yourself to remain committed to this new idea or skill?
- What inspires you about this new idea or skill you want to commit to?
- Identify routines or habits that will help you remain focused.
- What does commitment feel like to you?
Restoration & Remediation. (© 2022). The 5 Levels of Commitment. Available at: https://www.randrmagonline.com/articles/86742-the-5-levels-of-commitment. [Accessed October 26, 2022]
You can download this worksheet here.