Communication skills are the abilities one uses when giving and receiving different kinds of information.
Communication skills allow you to understand and be understood by others.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
It is highly advisable for high school students to learn to communicate their ideas, plans and intentions clearly and concisely.
Developing good communication skills among high students should be one of the core objectives of high school education.
High school students should be fostered to practice effective communication skills in order to improve morale, build relationships, become more confident about having difficult conversations and resolve conflicts.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
Practising the best communication skills is a leeway to great opportunities for high school students. It is a step in developing your personality and exuding great leadership powers.
This worksheet will also prepare students to become effective communicators so that they can be in a position to understand others and be understood.
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
Students should use this worksheet as a self-evaluation kit to learn to communicate effectively.
This worksheet can also be used in a group setting where students engage in different communication skills activities where they learn how to converse respectfully with others, convey messages clearly, practice active listening, and think critically.
Communication Skills Worksheet for High School Students
- What does having good communication skills mean to you?
- What are some of the communications skills you have?
- Identify ways in which you can practise good oral communication skills.
- Identify ways in which you practise good writing communication skills.
- Identify ways in which you practise good active listening skills.
- What skills can you learn to improve your conversation skills?
- Practice public speaking.
Get a topic to discuss in class that will develop good communication skills.
Identify ways in which your communication can be:
|CLEAR & CONCISE||CALM & CONSISTENT||ASSERTIVE||EMPATHIC|
- Identify nonverbal cues and nonverbal signals when communicating to improve your communication skills.
|NONVERBAL CUES||NONVERBAL SIGNALS|
- What feedback have you received on your communication skills from your classmates?
- Identify activities you can engage in by yourself and as a class to improve your critical thinking.
|INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITIES||GROUP ACTIVITIES|
- In what ways can you improve your communication skills and habits?
College Marker. (© 2022). The Art of Communication. Available at: https://collegemarker.com/blogs/the-art-of-communication/. [Accessed November 02, 2022]
Future Focused Learning. (© 2022). 8 Methods for Effectively Improving Student Communication Skills. Available at: https://blog.futurefocusedlearning.net/8-methods-improving-student-communication-skills. [Accessed November 02,222)
You can download this worksheet here.