Communication skills are the abilities one uses when giving and receiving different kinds of information.
Communication skills allow you to understand and be understood by others.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
Being able to communicate effectively is one of the most important life skills you can acquire for yourself.
Consciously developing great communication skills can help you in all aspects of your life from your professional life, to social gatherings and everything in between.
Communication skills involve listening, speaking observing and empathising.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
Practising good communication skills can help you become an effective communicator.
This worksheet is intended to improve your professional and personal relationships by helping you understand others and be understood.
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
This worksheet can be used as a self-evaluation kit to improve your communication skills.
You can also use this worksheet when you want to become a good listener, communicate clearly and learn to express yourself better when communicating.
- List down the most important communication skills you have.
- Identify ways in which you practice active listening.
- Discuss how you manage your emotions for the sake of clear communication and personal well-being.
- Identify different ways you can develop a filter while communicating to maintain respect with others and avoid conflicts.
- Identify ways in which you can practice good oral communication.
- What feedback have you received on your communication skills from colleagues, friends or family members?
- How are you improving your communication skills and habits?
- Practice public speaking.
In your free time practise public speaking to develop good communication habits.
Identify ways in which your communication can be:
|CLEAR & CONCISE||CALM & CONSISTENT||ASSERTIVE||EMPATHIC|
- Identify nonverbal cues and nonverbal signals when communicating to improve your communication skills.
|NONVERBAL CUES||NONVERBAL SIGNALS|
Career Blog. (© 2022). Top 11 Communication Skills (For Your Life and Career. Available at: https://novoresume.com/career-blog/communication-skills. Accessed November 02, 2022]
Indeed Editorial Team. (© 2022). Communication Skills: Definitions & Examples. Available at: https://in.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/communication-skills. [Accessed November 02, 2022]
Skills You Need. (© 2022). Communications Skills. Available at: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/ips/communication-skills.html. [Accessed November 02, 2022]
You can download this worksheet here.