Communication is the mutual interaction among two or more individuals. Communication allows you to understand others and to be understood.
Communication can either be auditory (speaking or singing) or nonverbal (body language, sign language).
Good communication improves morale and confidence, builds relationships, and resolves conflicts.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
Communication theory states that all living things that exist on the planet communicate, however, the way we communicate is different.
The communication theory framework examines communication through different viewpoints;
Communication is simply the transmission of information from the first party to the second party.
Communication is not only the flow of information from the sender to the receiver but the thoughts, feelings and emotions the sender tries to convey to the receiver.
Communication occurs as a result of the interaction between the sender and the receiver.
Communication is created when individuals interpret information in their own understanding and draw their own conclusion.
Communication occurs when individuals express their power and authority among other individuals.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
Practising good communication is a leeway to great opportunities and relationships in your everyday life. It is a great skill to have in developing one’s personality and exuding great leadership power.
This worksheet will also help you understand others and be understood.
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
This worksheet is a self-evaluation kit to learn to communicate effectively.
This worksheet is intended to help individuals learn to converse respectfully with others, convey messages clearly, practice active listening, and think critically.
- What does having good communication mean to you?
- What communication skills do you portray when engaging with others?
- Identify ways in which you can practise good oral communication.
- Identify ways in which you practise good writing communication.
- How do you manage your emotions when speaking with others?
- Identify ways in which you practice active listening when communicating with others.
- Practice public speaking.
This exercise is intended to develop good communication skills.
Get a topic to talk about with a colleague, friend or family member and identify ways your communication can be:
|CLEAR & CONCISE||CALM & CONSISTENT||ASSERTIVE||EMPATHIC|
- Identify nonverbal cues and nonverbal signals when communicating to improve your communication skills.
|NONVERBAL CUES||NONVERBAL SIGNALS|
- What feedback have you received about your communication?
- Identify ways in which you can engage your audience when communicating.
- What techniques can you learn or engage in to improve your communication?
- How can you improve your critical thinking skills?
You can download this worksheet here.
Was this helpful?
College Marker. (© 2022). The Art of Communication. Available at: https://collegemarker.com/blogs/the-art-of-communication/. [Accessed November 02, 2022]
Future Focused Learning. (© 2022). 8 Methods for Effectively Improving Student Communication Skills. Available at: https://blog.futurefocusedlearning.net/8-methods-improving-student-communication-skills. [Accessed November 02,222)
Management Study Guide. (© 2022). Communication Theory. Available at: https://www.managementstudyguide.com/communication-theory.htm. [Accessed November 11, 2022]