Confidence is the belief in oneself, the conviction that one has the ability to meet life’s challenges and succeed, and the willingness to act accordingly.
Confidence also describes the attitudes and beliefs people hold regarding their abilities and strengths.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
Confidence is built on different things; it is built on one’s choices and accomplishments that feed your passion and make you feel happy and proud of who you are.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a very helpful treatment therapy because it helps people address negative, self-doubting thoughts and reshape these thoughts into positive thoughts that can build confidence.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
This worksheet is to help adults build self-confidence in all respective areas of their lives.
Adults who lack self-confidence struggle with assertiveness, communication skills, or social anxiety. Thus said, this worksheet is targeted to develop greater self-confidence to avert such struggles and also help to increase mental and emotional well-being.
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
This worksheet is for adults to generally learn, develop and build confidence in all aspects of their lives.
Use this worksheet in your free time to answer the questions provided as a self-evaluation kit to increase or build your confidence.
Confidence Worksheet for Adults
- What does confidence mean to you?
- What does self-care mean to you?
- What is the best version of yourself you aspire to be?
- How do you build positive relationships in your everyday life?
- Identify different ways in which you challenge yourself in order to fulfil your desired goals.
- What are some of the risks you are afraid to take in life and how can you overcome the fear?
|AVOIDABLE RISKS||OVERCOME FEAR|
- How do you block the negative thoughts that cloud your mind from achieving your goals?
- What are some of the positive affirmations you can start practising to replace your negative thoughts?
- Identify ways in which you can become more assertive to improve your confidence.
- How do you believe in yourself even when others seem to be doubtful?
- What are you passionate about that makes you also happy?
- What are some of the incentives that help you achieve your goals and as a result build your confidence?
Forbes. (2017). 10 Ways to Build Confidence. Available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/francesbridges/2017/07/21/10-ways-to-build-confidence/?sh=49eb1acb3c59. [Accessed November 05, 2022)
Future Learn. (© 2022). How to build confidence: 5 tips for being more confident. Available at: https://www.futurelearn.com/info/blog/general/how-to-build-confidence-5-tips-being-more-confident. [Accessed November 05, 2022)
Good Therapy. (© 2007-2022). Confidence. Available at: https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/confidence. [Accessed November 05, 2022)
You can download this worksheet here.