Criminal thinking is a consistent pattern of distorted thinking errors that result in irresponsible and arrestable behaviour.
Criminal thinking errors develop into patterns of thoughts and behaviour that support a criminal lifestyle.
What Are The Theories Behind This Worksheet?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) targets criminal thinking as a factor that contributes towards criminal behaviour.
CBT teaches people to evaluate and modify the way they think and make decisions. CBT also aims to build cognitive skills and restructure distorted thinking.
Elements of CBT include; cognitive skills training, anger management, moral development, and relapse prevention.
How Will This Worksheet Help You?
This worksheet will help people understand the thinking processes and choices thought to immediately lead to criminal thinking.
This worksheet aims to build cognitive skills in areas where individuals show deficits and restructure thoughts in areas where it is distorted.
How Should You Use This Worksheet?
This worksheet should be used to challenge distorted thinking and build cognitive skills.
This worksheet will also help people become conscious of their own thoughts and behaviours and consciously make positive changes to them.
Criminal Thinking Errors Worksheet (PDF)
- What are some of the thinking errors that prevent you from taking personal responsibility?
- How do you express your anger?
- How do you prepare yourself for disappointments in life?
- How do you avoid conflict in your daily life?
- How do you express yourself emotionally?
- What are some of the irresponsible actions you have engaged in?
- What are some of the irresponsible behaviours you have engaged in?
- What are some of the self-destructive thoughts you engage in?
- How have your distorted thoughts and behaviours affected the people around you?
- What activities are you interested in?
- Identify ways you can change your distorted thoughts to positive thoughts
|DISTORTED THOUGHTS||POSITIVE THOUGHTS|
- How can you develop a sustaining moral conscience in your life?
College of Policing. (© 2022). Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Available at: https://www.college.police.uk/research/crime-reduction-toolkit/cbt. [Accessed November 29, 2022]
The Criminal Thinking Therapy Resource Site. (© 2022). Criminal Thinking. Available at: https://www.criminalthinking.net/tag/criminal-thinking/. [Accessed November 29, 2022]
The Criminal Thinking Therapy Resource Site. (© 2022). Thinking Errors. Available at: https://www.criminalthinking.net/tag/thinking-errors-2/. [Accessed November 29, 2022]
You can download this worksheet here.