Relationship needs worksheet
What is the theory behind this relationship needs worksheet?
The relationship needs worksheet is based on the idea that every individual possesses certain emotional needs and they expect their partners to fulfill those emotional needs. The fulfillment of these basic emotional needs makes an individual feel loved, secure and satisfied in their relationship. Emotional needs are defined as the need for love, affection, attention, intimacy, support and respect from others.
How will the worksheet help?
The relationship needs worksheet will help the couples by increasing their self-awareness about their own emotional needs, improving communication, and enabling healthy ways to deal with interpersonal conflicts in relationships.
How to use the worksheet?
- Take some time to reflect on what you need in a relationship in order to feel fulfilled and satisfied.
- Write down 6 specific emotional needs you have in your relationships with others.
- Rate each need on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest priority and 1 being the lowest priority.
- Share your completed worksheet with your partner and discuss your needs with each other
- Use this information to work together to improve your relationship and meet each other’s needs
You can download this worksheet here.