Self-esteem journal worksheet answers
What is the theory behind this self-esteem journal worksheet answers?
The theory or idea behind The self-esteem journal worksheet tells us that when we write about our thoughts, feelings, and experiences, it contributes to improving our self esteem as well as our mental health. Journaling helps you to have a deep understanding of your thoughts, behaviors and experiences and how these behaviors, thoughts and experiences contribute to low self-esteem. It also allows you to get relief from repressed emotions and feelings and works as a positive outlet for releasing stress and difficult emotions.
How will the worksheet help?
The aim of self-esteem journal worksheet is to improve self-esteem and support recovery by helping you to focus on positive aspects of your life and minimizing the negative thinking patterns. Below are the ways in which the worksheet answers works:
- Building Insight: Using this worksheet can improve self reflection on your experiences and you get a better understanding of your thinking patterns. Your self awareness increases and you get a clear idea of what are your strengths and weaknesses.
- Negative self talk into positive self talk: This worksheet further helps you to identify self defeating thinking patterns and change them into a more positive and healthy thinking style. And this is how you can build a positive self image and re boost your self esteem.
How to use the worksheet?
Here are some instructions on how to use the self-esteem journal worksheet:
- Take a print out or save a digital copy of the given worksheet with the help of available programs like Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
- Keep a time for self reflection: You will need a quiet, comfortable place where you can reflect on your thoughts, emotions and experiences. Dedicate some time of your day to complete the worksheet, it can be daily, weekly or whenever it’s suitable for you.
- Read through the prompts: Read through each prompt on the Self esteem worksheet, and see how they relate to your experiences and emotions
You can download this worksheet here.
Was this helpful?
Self-esteem self-help resources – Information sheets & workbooks. (2019, 10). CCI – Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar & Eating Disorders – Perth. https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself/Self-Esteem