Co-occurring disorders worksheets (PDF)
What is the theory behind this co-occurring disorders worksheets?
The theory behind co-occurring disorders worksheets is that individuals who have a mental health disorder often also have a substance abuse disorder, and vice versa. These worksheets are used to help individuals identify and understand the relationship between their mental health and substance use in order to develop more effective treatment plans. They typically include questions and exercises that help individuals explore the causes and triggers of their disorders, as well as strategies for managing them. The worksheets are usually used in conjunction with therapy and support groups, and are intended to be used as a tool for self-reflection and learning.
How will the worksheet help?
Co-occurring disorders worksheets can help in several ways:
- Identifying symptoms: The worksheets can help individuals identify and understand the specific symptoms they are experiencing, which can be important in accurately diagnosing and treating both the mental health and substance use disorders.
- Understanding causes and triggers: The worksheets can help individuals explore the underlying causes and triggers of their disorders, which can be important in developing strategies for managing them.
- Developing a treatment plan: By identifying the specific symptoms and causes of their disorders, individuals can work with their therapist or treatment team to develop a more effective treatment plan that addresses both their mental health and substance use disorders.
- Tracking progress: The worksheets can also be used to track an individual’s progress over time, which can be helpful in evaluating the effectiveness of their treatment plan and making any necessary adjustments.
- Self-reflection: The worksheets can be a useful tool for self-reflection and personal growth, by helping individuals understand their own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors better, and how they relate to their disorders.
How to use the worksheet?
In this worksheet first of all the client is asked to answer the questions honestly. These questions probe the issue in depth. The worksheet is very easy to use. The first step in using co-occurring disorders worksheets is to meet with a therapist or other mental health professional who can help understand the symptoms and develop a treatment plan
You can download this worksheet here.
Was this helpful?
Tsharp. (n.d.). Living with co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Mental Health Disorders | Behavioral Health Evolution. https://www.bhevolution.org/public/livingwith.page
60 substance abuse group therapy activities. (2020, April 6). Two Dreams. https://twodreams.com/dream-journal/142-substance-abuse-group-therapy-activities/